Friday, July 20, 2007

Miss Birch

Pardon my alliteration -
but I find it asinine
that assholes will try to
mentally assassinate those
merely on the ascent towards
the height of their aspirations,
with their acerbic tongues spitting
acidic soul-splitting thoughts.
And (as I shift to a more assonant verse)
I know that to be cursed while working
hard with a true purpose
hurts. But, for what it's worth
I get curt with these types
Who often end up quite hurt
For if you aim to drag my spirit through the dirt
you must first be prepared for
the caliber and the might of Miss Birch.
© 2007 Patricia B.

******
I think it's funny how this poem was actually inspired by my "10 Second Interview" application on Facebook, which had a question that said, "Pardon my_______."

2 comments:

Jose Vilson said...

I like this. I do. By the way, you were tagged. Check it.

http://thejosevilson.com/blog/2007/07/17/hot-ghetto-discord-fantastic-four/

Unknown said...

dope! love the word play!

~MV
K.I.P.