Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daybreak

I write luminescence;
Writing in the language of sunshine.
My words are the morning light.
If only your eyes could hear
It would listen to the new day written.

© 2008 Patricia B.

--
First piece of 2008!

I'm working on some short stories. Lots of ideas swirling about in the brain since the inception of 08 but nothing has materialized to completion until this - which came together sort of by playing with the "Magnetic Words" application on Facebook. I love these sorts of exercises... you're given a bunch of words, sometimes random (like the Magnetic Words application) and you have to come up with something (a poem, a story, a description, a sentence) using only the words you're given. It's the sort of exercise I've always done in creative writing classes. Challenging but fun.

This is actually what I came up with using the words they give in the facebook application:

I write magnetic;
writing in lines of sunshine
my words are the morning light
listen to a new day written
if only your mind can hear

I think I did pretty well with it!

I also like the first line.

I write magnetic.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trish, this is so amazing. This piece in itself if truly magnetic. Keep doing what your doing and the world will end up leaving gracious comments of your writing on the NYT blogger.

Keep it going!
Toina